Postdoctoral Researcher in peptide bioavailability – Ghent University Global Campus, Korea,
Ghent University Global Campus
Ghent University Global Campus (GUGC) is an integrated campus of Ghent University, Belgium, and the first European university to be part of the Incheon Global Campus (IGC) in Incheon, South Korea. Ghent University Global Campus currently offers Bachelor of Science programs in Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental Technology, and Food Technology. Ghent University is one of the top 100 universities in the world (ARWU 2021, 71th), and in the Food Sciences and Technology, taught at GUGC, Ghent University ranks even higher (ARWU, 11th in Food Science and Technology).
Full-Time Postdoctoral Researcher– Ghent University Global Campus
Department: Centre for Food Chemistry and Technology
Degree: Doctoral degree in one of the following (or closely related area): Food Science, Biochemistry,
Biotechnology or related; which proves your knowledge in protein and peptide science.
Contract: 2-year fixed contract term
Occupancy rate: 100%
Vacancy Type: Assistant Academic Personnel (AAP)
Last application date: August 30, 2022 (Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will
be filled upon finding the right candidate)
Starting date: November 1st, 2022.
Scientific Supervisor: Prof dr. Mahta Mirzaei
The Centre for Food Chemistry and Technology at Ghent University Global Campus, South Korea, has a vacancy for a Full-time Postdoctoral Researcher position, starting from November first, 2022.
It concerns a 2-year fixed contract position with a possible extension based on positive evaluation and considering the campus operational circumstances.
The candidate will work under the supervision of Prof. Mahta Mirzaei at the Centre for Food Chemistry and Technology of the Ghent University Global campus in Songdo, Incheon.
The candidate must have a good publication record.
Job Qualification (Profile of the Candidate)
You hold a PhD degree in Food Science, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related; which proves your knowledge in protein and peptide science.
- Required knowledge: You have deep knowledge in production, purification and identification of bioactive peptides and approaches for improving the oral peptide bioavailability. You have experience in cell culturing methods.
- You have a strong didactic, communicative and management skills and a large interest and experience in providing and supporting academic education.
The position is part research (70%) and part teaching practical exercises in undergraduate and/or graduate courses (30%). The selected candidate will conduct research projects in the domain of peptide bioavailability, resulting in publishing in high ranking scientific journals. The position also gives the opportunity to collaborate with other research groups at the Ghent University.
- Expertise in peptide production and purification science
- Expertise in peptide bioactivity experiments
- Expertise in cell culturing methods
- Expertise in bioavailability improvement approaches
- Educational experiences
- Motivation letter
- Full resume (CV), including at least 2 references
- Research statement (a 2 year research plan)
- A transcript of the PhD degree.
Application Process and Interview
- Interviews will take place from the first available time.
- Application deadline is August 30 2022 (stays open till filled), and applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will be filled upon finding the right candidate.
- CV Screening -> Interview -> Internal committee -> Approval -> Acceptance Notice to the candidate selected.